DISTRICT WEBSITE POLICY
This document describes the policies that will govern preparation, use, and maintenance of the web pages at the official Livonia Central School site: http://www.livoniacsd.org
Purpose of the Livonia Central School web site
Livonia Central School's web site has been established to provide accurate information about the school to the community by means of the Internet, to aide in the distribution of news at each building level, and to enhance the communication within the district.
Livonia Central School District will create and maintain a web site and web pages for the following purposes:
- To support the District's vision and mission
- To provide the community with information about the District and its schools policies curricular and extra-curricular programs opportunities for students student/staff achievements, educational projects, presentations, and learning experiences calendars schedules operations
- To provide students and the community with support for learning
- To serve as a means of communication for student, families, District personnel, the community, and associated organizations.
Definition of the Livonia Central School web site
The Livonia Central School web site will consist of two sources of information:
1. The Livonia Central School Home Page, with links to the following key subjects:
News (a link will be created for necessary, occasional news items), Publications, Calendars, Lunch Menu, General District Info (including school report card, Office of Instructional Support, building project updates, etc), School-to-Work, Personnel (including job postings, applications, application requirements, and teacher resources), and Board of Education (including meeting dates and minutes).
2. The Schools link will contain academic information by building. Each building will have a home page containing calendars, curriculum information, and activities. Within each building category, departments and faculty may create and post their own sub webs, which might include homework pages, course resources, study guides, and samples of class projects. Departmental pages will be accessible through the links of the Livonia Central School's home page.
The official Livonia Central School web site will consist of only these two sources of information. The district will not be responsible for the development or posting of any other information on the Livonia Central School site. A disclaimer to this effect will be posted on web site.
Development and Maintenance of the Livonia Central School Web Site
The Technical Services Group will maintain development and maintenance of the Livonia Central School web site. The development and posting of departmental and classroom web pages will be supported for academic purposes.
Procedures for Development of Departmental Pages
- Each department interested in developing a web page should designate a faculty or staff member to hold primary responsibility for the department's page.
- The department contact will be responsible for preparing the department page. Support will be available from the Technical Services Group.
- All departments will follow the format that has been established for the district website.
- Design, content, layout, and links will be checked by the Technical Services Group prior to posting on the district website.
- All web pages must be reviewed and updates as necessary at least once each semester.
- At the end of each school year, prior to the beginning of the next school year, a member of the Technical Services Group will examine the entire district website for outdated information and links. All outdated information will be deleted from the site.
- Each department member may create their own web pages, and a link will be provided to these pages from the department home page.
The Technical Services Department will periodically scan pages of the district website for outdated information and links. Notification will be given that expired information must be updated within one month of the notice or it will be removed.
Suitable Information for Posting
Web Page Content: Public Information may include, but not be limited to:
A. Basic information concerning the history and development of the Livonia Central School District.
B. Information concerning school activities:
C. General Administrative and School Board information of public concern:
D. Educational activities to encourage learning such as classroom web pages, pictures of class projects, papers written by students including any school newsletter or newspaper, and audio and video clips of plays or activities.
Limitation of Liability: In no event shall the Livonia Central School District be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of: The use of the Web page; the accuracy or correctness of information contained therein or related to, directly or indirectly; any failure or delay of access to this technology. Use of any information obtained via the Web page is at the user's own risk.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of authoring privileges on our Web page, termination of the availability of the Web page or any portion of the Web page at the district's sole discretion. More stringent disciplinary measures in accordance with the law or Livonia Central School District policies may also be taken.
Requirements for Posting Student Work and Class Projects
Prior to publishing any form of student work or pictures on the Internet, each student will have a parent permission form on file with their classroom teacher.