COVID-19 Response – Family & Community Update (8/25/21)
Hope everyone is finding ways to cool down during this summer heatwave. We continue to plan and prepare for our school opening on Sept 7! Our overarching goals are to be (1) safe, (2) open, & (3) as normal as possible. We'll be sharing our finished plan with everyone next week as we are waiting for guidance from NYS Dept of Health as directed by our new Governor Kathy Hochul which will include a mask requirement for all staff, students, and visitors to any public schools while indoors. Prior to this announcement yesterday, we had been working through planning that would include the CDC's recommendations for face coverings but it appears that by the end of the week that NYS health policy will require masks for public schools while indoors. Again, we'll share more information as we head into next week once we get official guidance from Albany.
- Great to see student-athletes return to a regular fall season! Great to see students return for 9th grade Link-Crew & 6th-grade orientation this week!
- General health updates from CDC, NYSDOH, and LCDOH.
- Governor Hochul announced yesterday that guidance will be issued by the end of the week requiring all students, staff, and visitors in public schools to wear face coverings while indoors.
- If you haven't already, please share your transportation preferences and if needed, request for consideration to pursue digital learning for the first marking period by completing this form - https://forms.gle/wHqm98Y54d3DvRXL6
- In an effort to promote safety through physical distancing, we're asking that we reduce the capacity for our Meet & Greets by having families attend a 30-minute time block corresponding to their last names:
- ES Meet & Greet
MHS Meet & Greet
- ES Meet & Greet
- Students needing to pick up Chromebooks can do so at Meet & Greet or will receive one during the first days of school.
- Parent Contact Photos can be taken at Meet & Greet - this helps us attach a parent photo to a student record in our information system which can assist everyone in promoting safety for dismissal and other purposes
- School Lunches will again be offered at no cost to all families this year through a federal grant - we ask though that families please complete a free and reduced lunch application as it helps us maximize funding from grants this year and in the future - https://tinyurl.com/LivoniaFRPL
- We've launched a new website and APP - please download for Android - https://bit.ly/3kmpAQw & for iPhone - https://apple.co/3eyoU71
Links of interest:
- video link - https://youtu.be/pWVE61EjMB8
- slide deck link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/19dm0I--OdDMeGrZlrPDyFBvUG3EoOyHB/view?usp=sharing
- Elementary School Virtual Family Forum video link - https://youtu.be/HzIo1JHtcpg
- Elementary School Virtual Family Forum slide deck link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zUOIYoO8aeLUiMOCRysBmaxuqBvZrhbm/view?usp=sharing
- Transportation Preferences & Digital Learning Consideration Request - https://forms.gle/wHqm98Y54d3DvRXL6
- School Lunch Application - https://tinyurl.com/LivoniaFRPL
- New Web App - please download for Android - https://bit.ly/3kmpAQw & for iPhone - https://apple.co/3eyoU71