COVID-19 Response – Family & Community Update (10/6/21)
Thank you to our students, staff, families, and entire community for coming together to celebrate a wonderfully (almost) normal Homecoming Week of festivities, celebrations, and contests last week! Really awesome to see so much school and community spirit!
This update contains our weekly Health & Safety Response Update based on our local district COVID-19 health data. For the reporting week of September 27 through October 3, we experienced NO school-based spread with 2 total positive cases. This means for our local school in-person students and staff data, we had a positive case rate of 0.12%. Livingston County has 89 active cases as of today and is considered to be in the highest level by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). When we consider both level determinations in our opening plan process, we will be operating in a MODERATE LEVEL for health protocols starting the week of Monday, October 11. We will reassess this status each week and communicate which level of health protocols we'll be implementing each week moving forward.
- AWESOME STUDENTS! AMAZING SCHOOL SPIRIT! Thank you for everyone coming together to safely celebrate Homecoming Week!
- If you haven't already, please submit your Device User Agreement for each student's use of the Chromebooks - agreement can be found on our school website or click here
- Reminders of how to stay connected via social media platforms and/or using our new web app!
- General health updates from CDC, NYSDOH, and LCDOH.
- Data period from Sept 27-Oct 3 contained NO School-based COVID-19 cases with 2 total cases leading to a 0.12% positive cases within the period. This means we will enter next week on Monday, Oct 11 at a MODERATE LEVEL for health protocols:
- face coverings remain required by NYSDOH - no change
- minimum 3 feet physical distance whenever possible - no change
- concessions - no change - no indoors due to NYSDOH mask requirements & outdoor regular options
- fundraising - no door-to-door fundraising
- daily monitoring & health screens - no change
- visitors & volunteers - limited to those approved as essential for educational purposes
- indoor & outdoor large group gatherings & events - no change
- indoor & outdoor facility use - standard procedures - no change
- Reminder - NO SCHOOL for PK-12 Students on Friday, Oct 8 or Monday, Oct 11
- Next Family & Community Updates - Oct 20, Nov 3, & Nov 17
Links of interest:
- video link - https://youtu.be/YGP30oYybEQ
- slide deck link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/16s_omlEUdK6l_os2QqsDGrKXEOQWM6Vv/view?usp=sharing