COVID-19 Family & Community Update + Health Status & Response Level Update 10/20/21
We have much to celebrate as we continue to find success with our goals of being safe, open, and as normal as possible! Lots are great student experiences happening in and out of our classrooms. Thank you for your continued understanding, patience, and support as we move through another different year dealing with the many layers and requirements of this pandemic.
A few highlights in our update:
- Thanks to Mr. Peck and the Livonia Fire Department for engaging our students in fire safety lessons!
- National School Lunch Week was Oct 11-15 - thanks to our awesome Food Service Staff!
- National School Bus Safety Week Oct 18-22 - thanks to our outstanding Transportation Department!
- National Board of Education Week Oct 18-22 - thanks to our dedicated Board Members!
- Congrats to our Fall Senior Athletes!
- Congrats to Angela Tewksbury for being 2021 LCAA Senior Swimmer of the Year & Outstanding Performer of the Meet!
- Good luck to our Varsity Girls Soccer team in Sectionals on Friday, October 22 at 6:00 PM in Bath
- Good luck to our Varsity Boys Soccer team in Sectionals on Saturday, Oct 23 at 6:30 PM in Batavia
- Reminder that we have an anonymous tip line available on our website - please use it to share any concerns you may have about anything or anyone - if you see something, say something - if you know something that can help someone, say something - if you need help, say something!
After considering the health data for Oct 11-17, we will remain at the MODERATE LEVEL for health protocols for next week 10/25-10/31. Last week, we had 5 positive cases of students or staff with contact tracing not suggesting any school-based spread.
MODERATE LEVEL Health Protocols
- face coverings remain required by NYSDOH - no change
- minimum 3 feet physical distance whenever possible - no change
- concessions - no change - no indoors due to NYSDOH mask requirements & outdoor regular options
- fundraising - no door-to-door fundraising
- daily monitoring & health screens - no change
- visitors & volunteers - limited to those approved as essential for educational purposes
- indoor & outdoor large group gatherings & events - no change
- indoor & outdoor facility use - standard procedures - no change
Links of interest:
- video link - https://youtu.be/-6f0V1dyTcY
- slide deck link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KMe2wtTtLz2kgK7ZrQhT5sUNW6Barhh5/view?usp=sharing