We continue to find our way in being safe, open, and as normal as possible. Thank you for all your support, patience, and cooperation as we work through another different school year. Lots are great student experiences happening in and out of our classrooms.
A few highlights in our update:
- Happy Halloween! Many great experiences for students, staff & community to celebrate & appreciate!
- Congrats to Academic Challenge Bowl for winning our first two match-ups as we return to competition!
- Reminder of MHS Class Photos with specific colors for each class
- Good luck to our Varsity Girls Swim Team in Sectional Finals on Friday, Nov 5 at 5:00 PM in Webster
- Good luck to our Varsity Boys & Girls Cross Country Teams in Sectionals on Saturday, Nov 6 in Letchworth (9:45 AM Girls, 11:15 AM Boys)
- School Calendar Reminder - No School on Thursday, Nov 11 for Veterans' Day, 1/2 Days of School for all students on Monday & Tuesday, Nov 22-23, and No School on Nov 24-26 for Thanksgiving Recess (we will NOT be implementing precautionary digital days this year - schedule will move forward with school as planned)
- Welcome Back MHS Lunch & Learn Program with Class of 2016 Gabrielle Reid - ETHOS Flight Controller in Training, NASA/JSC!
- NYSED Digital Equity Survey is available in SchoolTool - please take a few moments to complete
After considering the health data for Oct 15-31, we saw a reduced number of cases from the prior week but will remain at the SUBSTANTIAL LEVEL for health protocols for next week 11/8-11/14. Last week, we had 9 positive cases of students or staff with contact tracing not suggesting any school-based spread. Please be mindful that 9 cases remanis only 0.52% of our total in-person population of students and staff. We intentionally established conservative thresholds for cases at each level to ensure that we responded proactively and preventatively.
SUBSTANTIAL LEVEL Health Protocols
- face coverings remain required by NYSDOH - no change
- minimum 3 feet physical distance whenever possible - no change
- concessions - change - no indoors due to NYSDOH mask requirements & outdoor pre-packaged food only
- fundraising - no door-to-door fundraising
- daily monitoring & health screens - change - weekly attestation & random in-person wellness checks
- visitors & volunteers - limited to those approved as essential for educational purposes
- indoor & outdoor large group gatherings & events - change - limited capacity for indoor events
- indoor & outdoor facility use - standard procedures - limited facility use determined case-by-case basis
Links of interest:
- video link - https://youtu.be/Ei0yUBTXAHc
- slide deck link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wagTN_Ly-t6dNv8YheZmcPcnV3Lh5kpO/view?usp=sharing
- Weekly Attestation Health Portal - https://www.livoniacsd.org/page/health-portal