Happy New Year!
As we come back to school tomorrow, please be mindful of doing your part to keep you and others safe as our nation, state, and community experiences the Omicron COVID-19 variant continues to circulate. With continued vigilance and prevention, we can continue to stay open, be safe, and experience things as normal as possible.
In considering the health data heading into the Holiday Break and knowing that we won't have complete data for a few days heading out of the break, we will begin tomorrow with SUBSTANTIAL LEVEL health protocols for the next two weeks (January 3-7 and January 10-14).SUBSTANTIAL LEVEL Health Protocols
- face coverings remain required by NYSDOH - no change
- minimum 3 feet physical distance whenever possible - no change
- concessions - no change - no indoors due to NYSDOH mask requirements & outdoor regular option
- fundraising - no door-to-door fundraising
- daily monitoring & health screens - weekly health attestation required, additional random health screening by nurses in school
- visitors & volunteers - limited to those approved as essential for educational purpose
- indoor & outdoor large group gatherings & events - limited capacity will be communicated in advance for all event
- indoor & outdoor facility use - standard procedures - no change
Links of interest:
video link -
slide deck link - https://drive.google.com/file/...